The need for email archival
Corporate email communication continues to grow.
Over the years, email has morphed from a simple and speedy means of communication into a sort of de facto mechanism for just about anything: conversing, exchanging data, managing to-do lists and delegated tasks amongst a whole lot of other things.
Often it is not the appropriate tool for the job, but the fact of the matter is that today email serves as a carrier for:
- simple dialogue, elaborate discussions
- data and information
- presentations, negotiations, sales & strategic deals
- technical support, customer service
- mailing lists and so on…
Any which way you look at it, email is valuable!
As the volume of email goes up, how is a corporate supposed to deal with the torrents of email that it consumes and generates daily?
To make things more interesting, consider the following:
- When an employee leaves, does the organization have convenient access to the employee’s email?
- When a hard disk crashes or the laptop is stolen, can you quickly and easily regenerate a copy of all email for the employee in question?
- What happens if a recipient inadvertently deletes an important message (happened with a friend recently) and the sender was unreachable?
- Can you find and retrieve information from an email exchange that took place a year ago? Two years ago? Five years ago? How easily can you do that? What if you were not part of the original mail exchange?
- What happens when legislation and law (or your own email policy) requires that you store copies of all email communication for a specified period of time?
These are but a few scenarios of possibly many others that arise in the realm of corporate email usage.
To address these challenges and more, we offer you MailVault.
MailVault is meant to help an organization archive and manage it’s email effectively, productively and securely – while being light, simple to integrate and very user-friendly.
Check out the overview, have a look at it’s current features or download and take it for a spin. We hope you find MailVault as useful as we wish it to be.
Do tell us if there are other needs, scenarios or challenges that you face and would like to see addressed.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.